Hands up who LOVES delicious pancakes!
Imagine Childcare & Preschool Orange have shared this special Easter Bunny Pancakes recipe with us, which will be a winner this Easter weekend! Light and fluffy and fun to decorate – they are the perfect treat for the whole family.
The pancake base is vegan, and you can customise your toppings to suit your family’s preferences and dietary needs. Feel free to play around with the toppings. We’ve used fruit and bacon in this recipe, but you could use chocolate buttons or even mini Easter eggs too!
For the pancake base you’ll need:
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon oil
- A sprinkle of salt
To create your Easter Bunny face you’ll need:
- Bacon rashes or bananas
- Punnet blueberries
- Punnet strawberries
- Pineapple pieces
To make your pancakes:
- Add the plant-based milk and apple cider vinegar to a bowl.
- Stir to combine then set aside for five minutes.
- Sift the flour into the mix then add the syrup, baking powder, cinnamon (optional), oil and salt.
- Use a whisk to combine until smooth then set aside for 10 minutes.
- Pour the batter for each pancake into a frying pan on medium heat.
- When enough bubbles have formed and popped to become holes on the surface, flip.
- Fry the other side until evenly cooked.
To make your Easter Bunny face:
- Cook bacon rashes if desired, or slice a banana longwise and then cut in half to create ‘ears’. Slice your strawberries in half to create a ‘nose’. Slice your pineapple pieces into strips to create ‘whiskers’.
- Place a pancake on a plate, add the bacon or banana ears, blueberry eyes, a halved strawberry for a nose, and several long thin pieces of pineapple for the whiskers.
- Let you and your little one’s imagination run wild! You might like to add mini pancakes for cheeks, create teeth out of pieces of banana, or even add mini Easter eggs for a delicious chocolate treat.
Staff Spotlight – Chef Rob from Imagine Childcare Orange
“My name is Rob, and I’ve been cooking my whole life. I started an apprentice at the age of 16, and 34 years of cooking experience have passed now! I’ve cooked in a wide range of different places. Restaurants, golf clubs, cafes and now embarking on a this new and exciting journey with Imagine Orange. I’ve worked in Sydney and Fraser Island and then settled in lovely Orange, where I got married and started a family with my lovely wife and have two girls. Cooking has always been a passion of mine, I love to create different meals and test boundaries with food flavours. I am really loving the new journey I’m embarking on. It is completely different to what I’ve done in the past, and I love how honest the children are in telling me they don’t like the tuna bake!”